Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Journey Continues

It’s interesting … when I started this Quest, I did it because I was curious about the home team NFL experience in every city in the country. I wanted to wear a head of cheese, or spike arm guards. I wanted to spell out the word “Jets” and bark like a dog in the Dawg Pound. I wanted to Tomahawk Chop Chant, swirl a yellow towel overhead, sing “Hail to the Redskins”. I wanted to do all of these things, just to truly understand, if only for a day, what it would be like to be a fan of every pro football franchise in the nation. Now that I’ve completed my mission, visited every stadium in the country, tailgated with some of the NFL’s finest … I just can’t seem to give it up. I’ve met so many fantastic people in cities across the nation, traveling to over 60 games in the last four years, that I constantly have folks asking me when I’m planning on making a return appearance.

Seeing as how I feel compelled not to let anyone down, I guess we’ll just keep this train moving along. Well, we’re approaching Week Seven in the NFL and I’ve already been to five NFL games this season. I assembled the Ultimate Minnesota Vikings Fan Experience in Minneapolis, which included a stay in a Viking-themed bed and breakfast, sung the Chicago Bears Fight song with random fans outside Soldier Field, partied in the RV lot at Ralph Wilson Stadium beginning on Saturday morning in Buffalo, ate steamed crab and fresh Maryland crab cakes in Baltimore, and visited the New Meadowlands Stadium in New York … well New Jersey, so I'm up to date in seeing a game in every active NFL home stadium in the league. It’s been an incredible year and there’s more to come. Apart from my continuing journey on the Quest for 31, like LeBron, I’ve decided to take my talents to the NBA. I will be doing a 30 city, arena tour that will take me on a journey to see a game in every NBA Arena. I call it the RoundBall RoadTrip. Stay Tuned …

1 comment:

LaMo said...

Being from Chicago it's hard to ever admit that Lambeau has more history, but it's a great stadium. Visit our blog on a similar topic http://blog.iexplore.com/2011/09/the-best-football-stadiums-in-nfl.html